What’s every mother’s pride and joy? Her children, of course! But are you more self-conscious than proud of your post-pregnancy body? While many of our patients need and deserve a mommy makeover, many women fail to prioritize themselves—especially moms. We believe everyone deserves to look and feel beautiful. That’s why we want to help you learn more about mommy makeover procedures.
What does a mommy makeover consist of, why are combined breast and tummy tuck procedures so effective, and why are you probably due for a mommy makeover? Read on to learn more.
What’s a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a customized combination of procedures recommended to moms who are done nursing and not planning to have more children. Usually, a mommy makeover targets areas such as the tummy and breasts with procedures like breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and liposuction. However, every post-baby body is unique. During your consultation, we will discuss the results you want to achieve and determine the best combination of surgeries to help you achieve your goals.
Signs You Are Ready for Mommy Makeover
You have “pushed” through your last pregnancy and worked hard to lose those final pounds. Still, no magical amount of exercise or dieting has helped you eliminate unsightly pockets of loose skin and belly fat. Sound familiar? If so, the signs listed below may also indicate that a mommy makeover is right for you:
- Your weight is stable, but you have excess sagging skin and/or fat
- You are self-conscious about your post-baby body (especially in a swimsuit)
- Your breasts and your self-esteem need lifting
- You are having trouble with intimacy due to poor body image
- You have tried nonsurgical solutions without achieving your desired results
Combination Mommy Makeover Procedures
Many moms put off cosmetic surgery due to worries and guilt about balancing their recovery time with parenting and other daily demands. That’s why a combination procedure like a mommy makeover is so beneficial. In bundling treatments, we can target more than one area of the body to produce truly transformative results—but you only need to plan for a single recovery window.
Here are some of the popular mommy makeover combination procedures I recommend for improving and restoring your post-pregnancy body:
- Tummy tuck: removes excess skin and tightens abdominal muscles stretched during pregnancy
- Breast lift: removes excess skin and raises sagging breasts
- Breast augmentation: restores breasts to desired fullness
- Breast reduction: improves physical and mental discomfort caused by heavy breasts
- Liposuction: removes excess fat for a smoother, firmer midsection
- Labioplasty: post-childbirth vaginal rejuvenation helps improve self-esteem and intimacy
- Laser skin tightening: nonsurgical skin tightening treatments complement your mommy makeover
Mommy Makeover Recovery: What To Expect
A mommy makeover recovery can range anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. It’s essential to go into your combination procedure with realistic expectations. Remember, this type of surgery is multi-faceted, and recovery often depends on the type and variety of your bundled treatments. For most patients, a tummy tuck usually requires a more extended healing period than breast surgery or liposuction.
We all know that moms are master planners, so here are some essential tips to help you prepare for a smooth, successful mommy makeover recovery:
- Take it easy. This extensive procedure requires adequate rest and recovery to ensure optimal results. Plan your calendar accordingly and set aside plenty of time for R&R.
- Hang up your cape. Allow yourself to take a break from being Supermom. Have a support team available to you (for once!) as you recover, especially if you take care of young children.
- Follow the protocol. Review and follow your surgeon’s detailed postoperative instructions. They’ll help you manage your pain, prevent infection, and ease your recovery.
- Keep moving. It is important to get adequate rest, but you also need to get up and move about periodically. This movement aids circulation and minimizes the risk of blood clots.
- Have realistic expectations. Most patients experience some initial pain, bruising, or swelling following surgery. Be patient with yourself and the healing process—the results will be worth it!
Your Boynton Beach Mommy Makeover Surgeons
You can’t trust your mommy makeover transformation to just any doctor in Florida; this customized procedure takes exceptional skill and expertise. Dr. Michael Plastini and I are board-certified plastic surgeons with years of mommy makeover and combination surgery experience. We listen to your concerns and empower you with a variety of mommy makeover options that address your specific needs and goals.
Are you ready to boost your body and self-esteem with a mommy makeover? Take the first step toward treating yourself to a well-deserved refresh. Contact us today to request a consultation at our Palm Beach County, FL, practice, or call us at (561) 880-8866 to schedule an appointment.